Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boycott Pizza Hut!

Have you heard about the Pizza Hut boycott? Apparently, Pizza Hut practises racism openly. Supergirlfriend received this forwarded mail from a friend about this call for people to boycott Pizza Hut.

Don't know to what extent can this mail be trusted, but from its attached photos, I can actually see a special column in the bill for "Race". Now now. Race???? Let me get this straight here. Since when does a person's race matter when dining in a restaurant, especially when it comes to paying bills?




According to the testimonies,

"The bill contains normal things la (number of person, bill. number and what is ordered). But, what shocked me is that they had space called ' RACE ' .I guess since we were all wearing tudung, they labelled us as 0, which means MALAY. Later, when we went to pay…we had no service charge and no tax charge"

In short, Malay customers get labelled "0" and need not pay the service and tax charges.

"Still in shock, I peeped into another bill in the counter. In that bill, under the race space, it was labelled as C (which I guess means Chinese). That bill had service and tax charges!!!"




Okay, in this case, if you are a Chinese, you get labelled "c" and you have to pay the charges.

Amazing, isn't it? Since I've never been a fan of Pizza Hut, can anyone actually confirm this? Oh. Btw, please do not misunderstand this post as an intentional trigger for racism issues yeah. I'm just reporting on such matters.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aduh! This is old news lah. In 2006, people already started talking about this, and it is not true. Example:
http://www.neeshen.com/2006/06/new-pizza-hut.html

It was said to be a hoax. Read here:
http://www.mca.org.my/English/Commentaries/Pages/PizzaHutGovernmentTaxServiceCharge.aspx

I hope people will NOT SPREAD this anymore.

Anonymous said...

Check out this blogger's posts for more info on the issue:

http://harismibrahim.wordpress.com/2007/10/17/how-low-can-the-racists-go-say-no-to-pizza-hut/

Supergirlfriend said...

Hahah....I find it so strange that it actually took the news 2 whole years to travel to my mailbox!

 
ss_blog_claim=6b7af3e1d07b4f4fc73fcc58fcbb210c ss_blog_claim=6b7af3e1d07b4f4fc73fcc58fcbb210c