Monday, May 19, 2008

When you're fighting for cabbages in the hypermarket




You know you've become almost like one of them when you're actually fighting for cabbages in the hypermarket against them. Haha. I was never like that in the past. In fact, I could never bear to let myself undergo such, in my opinion at that time, "ego-bruising activity" because it was embarrassing to behave like that in public.

But somehow, when you've been living away from your family all these years, you learn to take care of yourself. You become less choosy about things, but when the food outside has started to bore me, that's a totally different story. That was when I actually got the weird inspiration to cook for myself! Haha. It's strange how circumstances force you to rethink your opinions and shape you to be a different person altogether. That is, in a positive way of course!

Now? I fight my way to get my cabbages, my veges, my fruits, my chicks and my fishys! Nothing so ego-bruising about that. Haha. *wink wink*

2 comments:

zewt said...

who are 'them'? hehe...

Supergirlfriend said...

Hahahha...I think you know lah, zewt! The aunties...It's almost like some 18-SG scenario in the market! "Grrrr...THAT CABBAGE IS MINE!!!" :p

 
ss_blog_claim=6b7af3e1d07b4f4fc73fcc58fcbb210c ss_blog_claim=6b7af3e1d07b4f4fc73fcc58fcbb210c